College Housing Northwest is a not-for-profit organization founded by students in 1969 with the mission to provide housing that enhances students’ academic and personal development.
CHNW is seeking collaboration and partnering opportunities with higher ed institutions and development organizations to construct or redevelop new apartment housing exclusively for college students in and around Pacific Northwest college campuses. CHNW’s 501(c)(3) status allows for the unique opportunity to bond-finance projects, requiring little to no equity and allowing Colleges and Universities to focus on education while still providing a close-to-campus housing experience for students.
CHNW is interested in purchasing apartment buildings in and around campuses that allow us to provide more affordable housing and targeted services to college students.
CHNW is interested in master leasing apartment buildings that are conducive to housing college students in the general vicinity of colleges. Our non-profit status allows us to pass our tax savings on to students in the form of enhanced services and below market rents.
CHNW is able to finance development projects utilizing tax exempt rated bonds, often with little equity requirements.
Goose Hollow – 1620 SW Clay St, Portland, Oregon
Privately owned and managed by College Housing Northwest, 30-year bond financed.
- Goose Hollow Tower, c. 1969, 220 units, 16 floors, concrete construction, studios, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom apartment units, no parking.
- Goose Hollow Plaza, c. 1999, 119 units, 6 floors, wood-framed construction, one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartment units, below-grade parking
University District – Portland, Oregon
Privately owned and managed by College Housing Northwest.
- Cambrian Apartments, c. 1911, 35 units, five-story brick, one- and two-bedrooms, no parking.
- Palladian Apartments, c. 1915, 20 units, two brick/stucco, studio apartments, no parking.
- Clay Apartments, c. 1920, 38 units, six-story brick, one- and two-bedrooms, no parking.
- Tiffany Apartments, c. 1920, 24 units, four-story brick, studio and one-bedrooms, no parking.
- Clifton House Apartments, c. 1968, 30 units, wood-framed, two-story, one- and two-bedrooms, 9 parking spaces.
The Gem – 155 Kings Blvd, Corvallis, Oregon
Owned by Oregon State University, fully renovated existing structure; renovation and financing by CHNW. Managed by CHNW via 30-year lease with OSU.
- The Gem, 231 units, studios, one-, two-, and three-bedroom units